Es war ein sehr besonderer Tag für uns alle.
Sogar Great Grandma Ruby (97 Jahre alt) kam.

Justin, Logan and Mia were not baptized when they were Babies.
David and I decided at the time, that we wanted them to make their own
decision when or if they were ready to decide it on their own.
So when they were Babies they each got dedicated by Pastor Troy Benitone at the Pawnee United Methodist Church.
We acknowledged God’s sovereignty for them and for ourselves.
Justin, Jana, Logan and Mia were all anointed with oil and we asked for grace and wisdom in carrying out our
responsibilities as Christian parents. We prayed, that someday they will make a conscious decision to trust
Jesus Christ as their Savior for the forgiveness of their sins.
More then a year ago, Justin started mentioning that he would like to get baptized.
I personally didn’t seem ready for it, so I chose to ignore it.
About every month he reminded me and ask me, if I had
talked to anybody about it, and when it will happen?
I kept ignoring it…
On January 13. 2015 after our Bible Reading in bed, Logan asked how we know, that Jana is in heaven?
After a short talk about Bible verses like,
“Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” Matthew 19:14
and “If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is the Lord, and believe in your heart,
that God raised him from the dead you will be saved.” Romans 10:19
Logan asked if he could pray that also. So he gave his life to Jesus. When Logan was done, Mia started saying the same prayer.
It was a very special Moment for us. We didn’t ask them if they wanted Jesus to be their Lord and Savior they choose it on their own.
Within that same week, again at night after our bible reading with all five of us in Logan’s bed, Justin asked, if he could repeat the
Prayer after me also.
About six month ago, Logan started asking about wanting to get baptized as Jesus was baptized.
I didn’t know how to handle it, because in my fantasy world, I thought they would be Teenagers when that would happen.
But anybody who knows Logan, knows that he is quite persistent, and ignoring him just wasn’t as easy.
So the five of us went to a Children Baptism Class held by Shelley here at the Lakeside Christian Church.
In the class anything from creation, to sin, to being born again and being with Jesus and God for eternity was very clearly and easily explained.
After the final class, Shelley said if anybody wanted to do this next step as a Christian we should let her know.
Justin and Logan both said that they wanted to take that next step.
Mia also said, that she was ready, but I wasn’t sure if she was. I wanted it to be her own decision. I wanted her to get it and not just do it,
because everybody else does it.
But she kept retelling a story Shelley used in the class.
It explained that we are made in the same image as God, but God is so perfect and holy and we people are so imperfect and sinful,
that we just can’t be together. Because of this, there is this huge gap between God and us. But because Jesus died on the Cross for our sin,
even so he was totally sinless, Jesus created a bridge for us to get to God…
It just felt, like she is ready.
So because of all this, we are finally all here today. It is different then I thought it would be, but sometimes God’s plans are different than ours.
Some things parents just can’t do for their kids. And choosing Christ is one of them.
David and I are both very grateful and happy that Justin, Logan and Mia are taking this step of Baptism in their Journey with Christ today.




Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
No comments:
Post a Comment